Tuesday 21 July 2015

Filming and Editing!

Today has been a massive day for this project as I filmed the entirety of it and edited it together all in one day.

Me and my three actors met at half nine this morning then drove to Hardwick Park to film. We had a look around and decided on the best area to film.

The area we decided on was an enclosed area of the park surrounded by trees and a small pond. There was also some ruins along with the very important large white chair.

We made use of our surroundings and also did a small photo shoot amongst the ruins, which would be used for promotion or a Digi-Pak for this song.

 Filming today flowed perfectly. Despite the light rain, there weren't many obstacles to face. The biggest problem with the location was the fact that children were running around a lot, which meant that a few shots were ruined by public in the background.
The rain meant that the lens got droplets on, however I didn't realise so some of my shots ended up slightly blurry in places. This is a lesson I will take on to my next project and I will make sure the lens is clean before starting to shoot.
Also, due to the fact that I do not have industry standard equipment, I had to make my own dolly out of some books and a plastic bag. It actually proved quite successful as my shots are steady and flow nicely. The only issue was the hassle trying to keep it attached to the camera using a tiny tri-pod.






The editing was also incredibly easy. I downloaded a trial version of Adobe Premier Pro CC which I will have for 30 days. It was even better than the software we use at sixth form as it is the newer edition, which made is very easy to use and I found my self knowing how to use all the tools I needed. This is a technique I have developed through my year as an AS Media student.

I will be uploading the final thing later on today so keep your eyes peeled!!

Elleah

No comments:

Post a Comment