Saturday 19 December 2015

Performance Footage?

It has been suggested to me that I film some performance footage of Ben singing to the song as just the artist in a stage like set up.
I had decided that I would not include any separate footage of the artist singing due to the fact that I feel this would make the video too disjointed and break it away from the narrative of the boy and the girl. I think it would take away from the narrative.
I have however included a type of performance footage, when Ben is sat by himself signing the lyrics to his own song, which will be edited in after the Christmas holidays.
I have chosen not to include stage performance footage for the reason that I feel it would look too disjointed.

I have filmed some performance footage to see what it would look like when put to my music:

I have decided not to use this footage in my video as I think that it will take away from the concept of the video.
I understand that this subverts a very arguably important part of genre theory, however I purposely wanted to subvert boundaries and expectations in order to present MAX as a unique, new and individual artist as this would appeal to my target audience.
performance footage.prproj from Elleah Stanton on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment