Saturday 23 January 2016

Trying Different Software

I have now sampled some more ideas for the print products using pixlr.com/express. I used this for my first attempt at creating a magazine album advert using the mannequins, but I wanted to use it and create some different images that I may be able to use for the digipack, or the booklet inside.
My ideas have turned quite pop arty recently, as I have been using four images then changing the hue on each of them. Here are some of the samples I made with this idea on pixlr:


They were very quick trials and I probably wont use them in my print products due to the fact that they are quite dark, which is something that I want to avoid in my branding.







Using the same image, I played around with some of the design features and it randomly inserted lines and cut up some of the image. Again I do like these, however after looking at them more, they are also too dark to use in my digipack:


Then using the collage feature, I put together four different images, edited each one so the colours were different then played around with the rest of the tools:
I don't really like the use of colour in the black and white areas because it makes it seem quite solemn and sad, so I wont be using this image. 
Again, the lack of colour here makes me dislike this. I do however really like the look of the lines, 

Too dark, again. I do like the squares of colour though. I will try to create something similar using Photoshop and make the base images colourful too.

I really like this design and I am tempted to use it in my booklet, or at least base my designs off this image. I could have the whole four page booklet with the images of the mannequins and lines around them.

After some thought, even though this design is also quite dark, it would look quite effective among other designs in the booklet and help bring the other colours to life through contrast.


No comments:

Post a Comment