Sunday 31 January 2016

What I Have Taken From Digipack Research

  • Similar Imagery: All of the images in the digipack will have similar imagery and colours. I have found this is a theme in all of the digipacks that I have analysed with the desert tones for Danger Days, the blue suit and pink monkey outfit for Hesitant Alien, the multi-coloured illustrations in Life in Cartoon Motion and the beach/hippie vibes in Oracular Spectacular.
  • Artists Name: I will be using the name of the artist, MAX, as the most prominent piece of text information on the front cover, as seen with the large MIKA protruding past the smaller illustrations on Life in Cartoon Motion and the MGMT digipack cover.
  • Iconography: The front cover will have a piece of iconography that is associated to my artist and their branding like the spider stamp on Danger Days, the blue suit on the artist in Hesitant Alien and the hippie clothing in Oracular Spectacular.
  • Title Repeated: Album title will be repeated in a smaller text on the back of the cover like in Danger Days.
  • No Spine Significance: I do not plan on creating a spine for my digipack, but I will look into it if I have spare time at the end of my project. It wont be used significantly however, like it is for MGMT's album.
  • Psychedelic:  I want the whole digipack to be 'trippy' in a light hearted way using colours like in MGMT and MIKA's album.
  • Simple Inside Cover: Like in all except Hesitant Alien, the design on the inside will be a lot more simplistic than the imagery on the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment